Sunday, March 22, 2009

BSG Rant


The greatly anticipated Battlestar Galactica season finale leaves me with mixed feelings. I feel that over all, they did a pretty good job ending this season, but I do feel that that they left too many story lines unresoved and they could have done better at closing up the ones they chose to address.

They finally brought back the action that I've been missing for most of Season 3 and 4. This show became too much of a character driven space drama. I think the first season they had the perfect balance of action and drama. It was also nice to see the old centourions back in action again. And as the victiorious fleet reunites around earth, the musical cue from the original 70's score was a nice touch too.

1) Too much god shit. Seriously, it was kind of getting annoying. And Baltar and The 6 as angels of God? Yeah.......

2) Gaius should have died. I understand that he's the bad guy you love to hate, but I think it would have been way cooler if he finaly got his in the end rather then him developing morals. Or maybe he could have been mdade a good martyr?

3) What happened to the other Cylon, 'Daniel' who was an artist and we never got to meet? I though they were gearing up for that to be Kara's Father, who they also played up a lot, but never really explored.

4) Don't understand why Adama had to leave with Rosilin so suddenly and he wasn't going to come back.

5) Cylon Suicide? Come on, Cavel was too much of a bad ass to kill him self.

6) Still don't understand why Hera was so important to the human survival. I get the Cylon motivation for wanting her, but why was she worth a volunteer sucide mission?

Feel free to bring the flames if you loved the finale.

1 comment:

  1. Big time bummer. Not as bad as I feared, not as good as I hoped.

    Aside from 'The Harbinger of Death', what the hell is Kara Thrace?

    ReplyDelete